NOTICE ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are the data controller of personal information about you. We are Club Vitalise which is a part of Solihull College & University Centre. Our address is Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB. Our Data Protection Officer is Sam Bromwich. If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 678 7046.
This privacy notice has been prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
This notice sets out how we use your personal information and in particular:
- the information that you give us;
- the uses made of your personal information;
- the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information;
- how long we keep your personal information;
- how we share your personal information;
- how we transfer your personal information outside of Europe; and
- your rights over your personal information.
THE INFORMATION THAT YOU GIVE US
We will collect personal information from you when you apply for membership of Club Vitalize. This will include your: Name; address; phone number; email; date of birth; and medical information relevant to your usage of the facilities.
THE USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information set out above as follows:
- for administration of your membership including its renewal
- to ensure that you are able to use the facilities safely
- for communicating with you, including for marketing purposes
We treat your personal information with confidentiality and we do not use it for any other purposes.
THE LEGAL BASIS ON WHICH WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use your personal information on the basis that it is necessary for performing the membership contract with you, or it is necessary to take steps before entering into the contract with you. We also collect and use your personal information on the basis that we need to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations, including ensuring your safety when using the facilities. Information that you provide when you apply for a gym membership is held for the legitimate interest of processing and administering your membership.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need it for the purposes we have explained above. We will keep your personal information for 12 months after your membership ceases.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share the personal information that you give us with third parties..
HOW WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
We do not store or transfer your personal data outside of Europe.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a number of rights over your personal information, which are:
- the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy about the way your personal data is being used – please refer to the ICO’s website for further information about this (https://ico.org.uk/);
- the right to ask us what personal information about you we are holding and to have access to a copy of your personal information;
- the right to ask us to correct any errors in your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where our use of your personal information is based on your consent and we have no other legal basis to use your personal information, to ask us to delete your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances such as where we no longer need your personal information, to request that we restrict the use that we are making of your personal information;
- the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to review and explain our legitimate interests to you; and
- the right, where our use of your personal information is carried out for the purposes of an agreement with us and is carried out by automated means, to ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly-used, machine-readable format.